I'm as likely to spread a juicy rumour as any other 20-something girl with a voice. But cheese-and-rice, does the gossip fly when Apple even hints at the idea of a new gadget or gizmo.
The specific electronic device of which I am speaking is the highly anticipated, exceedingly blogged-about Apple tablet. Most of it is speculation, of course, as Apple hasn't even shown prototypes at any of the electronics shows yet.
I've always been a PC girl. I grew up with the old-ass IBM desktops and got my first laptop (a Dell Inspiron) when I came to college. Windows is my comfort zone, although Microsoft hasn't always made it easy on me...
Then, in 2008, I lost my cell phone. At Six Flags. On X2. Totally worth it. My contract was almost up with Sprint and my husband and I were looking for new phones anyway. I wanted a Blackberry and he wanted a touch screen phone. I let him choose where he wanted to go since EVERYONE carries Blackberries.... we looked at all the provider stores in the mall, then just for fun, we went to the Apple Store to check out the iPhone. It won hands-down over all of the other choices. I even changed my Blackberry-loving mind and went over to the dark side.
I've never looked back. Apple made a stellar product that was exceptionally customizable. I could make my phone reflect me and work the way I wanted it to. I could make it look the way that I wanted. I could organize and reorganize and categorize. As I found more and more apps, I became more and more satisfied with my product.
Now, as a shopper, I'm conflicted. I love to spend money, but I feel guilty doing it. Consequently, I often feel buyer's remorse when I spend >$200 in a clip. Buying 2 iPhones at $200 each +service and activation should have brought me to my knees... it didn't. That says a lot about my satisfaction that the money I spent was worth it.
So now, Apple is coming out with a tablet that's rumoured to be like a large iPhone. There are tons of artist predictions out there on the interweb of what it will look like and what functionalities it will have, but the best prediction? The price point. It's supposed to be available for <$1000. Win.
I'm still on my laptop PC, but I'm thinking I could become bi-computer-ial (?). After all, Macs are a little better for graphic design and even some lab work.... I'm keeping my ear to this gossip mill so I can once again get a toy that I won't regret buying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment